Capsicum Chutney

I like capsicum a lot. 'Hot and spicy' is the synonym for tasty food in my dictionary. I always used to make capsicum gravy and you can find a lot of different ways to make one. But I came up with the idea of trying my own version of capsicum chutney! It was indeed an instant super hit in my home!!

Ingredients:

3 red capsicum - deseeded and chopped
2 dried red chillies
5-6 green chillies
3 or 4 garlic cloves
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oil
1 pinch Hing
Tamarind - soaked in water
Salt to taste

How to do it:

1. Fry the capsicum until it becomes soft.
2. Heat a little oil and add mustard seeds and hing.
3. Once they splutter, add the cumin and fry a few seconds.
4. Add garlic and fry until light brown.
5. Add green and red chillies and fry for a few seconds.

6. Let cool the fried ingredients and grind with salt and tamarind extract.

Serve hot with Akki Rotti

No comments: