Pudina Pulao is the most easily prepared dish and can be served in parties or on any other occasion. Pudina itself has an aroma that lightens up the whole kitchen and the spicy pudina pulao makes it a flavor superhit among the different rice dishes.
1. Pudina (Mint leaves) - 2 bunches
2. Green chili - 6-8
3. Cinnamon - 2 pieces
4. Cloves - 3-4
5. Ginger - 1 inch
6. Garlic - 4-5 cloves
7. Carrot - 1 cup cut into small pieces
8. Green peas - 1 cup
9. Onions - 2 medium sized
10. Ghee - 3 tsp.
11. Oil - 2 tsp.
12. Salt to taste.
13. Basmati Rice - 2 cups.
How to make it:
1. Wash and soak the rice for half an hour in water.
2. Fine grind the chili, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, pudina leaves and garlic. Keep it aside.
3. Heat the oil and ghee in a cooking pan / pressure cooker.
4. Fry the onions till golden brown.
5. Add green pea and carrot and fry for 2 mins.
6. Add the prepared paste and mix them well and keep frying till the raw smell is gone.
7. Add rice to the mixture and fry for 3 mins.
8. Add 3 cups of water and salt to taste.
9. Pressure cook it.
The Pudina Pulao is ready to be served!!!