Potato is an essential ingredient in our day-to-day cooking. Diffrent dishes come in diffrent flavours and millions of colors. This is one of those delightful potato dishes from my kitchen - Alu Curry... My little cousin brother, Akash loves to try different potato dishes and he wouldn't mind trying one every other day. On his birthday I present him his favorite - Alu Curry.
1. Potatoes - 5 medium sized
2. Onions - 1 large finely chopped
3. Garlic paste - 1 ½ tsp
4. Chili powder - 1 tsp
5. Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
6. Garam masala - ½ tsp
7. Mustard seeds - ¼ tsp
8. Coriander leaves- 2 tsp finely chopped
9. Oil - 4 tsp
10. Salt to taste
How to do it:
1. Cut the potatoes and pressure cook them, so that it is easier to peel off the skin.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. After it splutters add the garlic paste.
3. Fry till the raw smell of the garlic disappears and then add onions.
4. Fry for some more time and add chili powder, turmeric, garam masala powders along with salt.
5. Add the potatoes.
6. Mix well and simmer the flame, close with a lid and cook for 10 to 15 mins.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.